Wednesday, January 07, 2009

2009 Urban/Town & Country January Event.

It's the first full week of January, which means that it must be time for the January Event! This is an opportunity for people practicing in Urban and Town & Country (Rural) ministries in the North Central Jurisdiction to come together for a time of learning and networking. Right now, I'm listening to Gwen Roberts, the Director of Metro Ministries in W. Ohio. She is talking to us about what Metro ministry is--connecting the giftedness of urban and suburban congregations for ministry in a wider metropolitan area. Gwen has some really good ideas about how we can connect in these ways.

Next year's event will be in East Saint Louis, Illinois, January 5-7, with the theme of "Accepting the Gifts of Others in a Multicultural World." I know all these details becuase I've been asked to chair the event! I look forward to hearing from all my friends who are in urban ministry as I help facilitate this learning opportunity.

Well, I've got to get back to listening to the speaker. I've got a long drive home today on some nasty roads.

In the Grace of God,

David

No comments: