Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm on the Ground

I have arrived in Texas, and the Lonestar state is hot! It was over 80 degrees when I arrived, but I planned ahead and wore shorts and a short-sleeve shirt. I met my roomate, Bob, at the airport, and he had a well-planned out route for us to take from the airport to the hotel. About three hours and three modes of transportation later, we arrived, had a great evening meal, and a good night's sleep. Bob is from the Wyoming Conference (not where you would think it is-- www.wyomingconference.org), and has been a pastor for about as long as I've been alive! We've found some common interests and experiences, so I think we'll get along really well.

When we arrived in Fort Worth itself last night, we saw the convention center. It's true what they say--everything is bigger in Texas! The conference center takes up about four or five city blocks, and kind of looks like a space ship from the outside--must be the Texas connection to the space program. Folks here are very friendly and helpful, and of the non-natives, all the people we've met so far have been connected to the General Conference.

More later, but I wanted everyone to know that I'm safe, sound, and on the ground. I'll try to get some pics in future posts, so you can see some of what I'm talking about.

Take Care, Y'all,

David

No comments: